As if committing to fail NaNoWriMo wasn’t enough, I promised my writing workshop folks 15-20 pages of a polished manuscript by mid-November. Last Tuesday, they built me up so high after a reading that I couldn’t say no!
I don’t even have regrets now that I’ve come down to reality. I’m just excited to get some “real” feedback. We only get/give positive reactions to the unpolished pieces we write during workshop. But manuscript review promises negative feedback too! I want it all — the good and the bad. Oh by the way, I don’t have any pages “written” yet. All I have are some prompt-responses that I scribbled on looseleaf during workshop (and that one Sunday that I abandoned my family to write). They are brainstorms at best.
What do I have going on in November? Oh, not much…
- Writing 1667 words/day for NaNoWriMo.
- Movember. I already have the mustaches.
- Polishing 15-20 pages of a manuscript that doesn’t exist.
- Two Thanksgivings to prepare. (1) Mini-Thanksgiving for guests the week before (2) Real Thanksgiving for family. No big deal.
- Full-time nanny/cook/clown/teacher/cheerleader/maid/nurse.
In sum, I’ve got this. Totally.